“I am in constant search for the image that best reflects my voice… an image that matches my emotional and spiritual journey... always seeking the perfect balance of light and color. Why do I paint? It’s my creative voice, the expression of my outlook on life. I paint to capture a moment in my life… through my eyes.”
My love of art, color, china, textiles and gardening have all become inspiration and fodder for my paintings. I paint things to which I am visually attracted, the objects that surround my daily life. Family treasures, gifts from friends, garage sales finds all in combination with nature’s glorious fruits and flowers.
I spent my early years in all sorts of creative pursuits. First as a quilter then as a professional doll maker, designing and creating art dolls. I have designed furniture, children’s clothing, and dinnerware for Wedgwood and Lenox China .
I have also traveled to India, Peru, Romania, Guatemala and Honduras teaching my skills to Indigenous people.
I teach painting workshops in Florence, San Miguel Mexico and the Bahamas…as well as in my home studio in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
- 2002-2003 Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Certificate Program
- 2001-2002 Fleisher Memorial, Philadelphia, PA
- 1982-1984 Barnes Foundation, Certificate of the Arts
- 1976 BFA Fairfield University, Fairfield CT
- 1975-1976 Sorbonne, Paris, France
- 1973-1974 Moore College of Art, Philadelphia, PA